Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week in the Rearview Mirror: February 19 - Februrary 25, 2012

I'm a little late posting this one, but with the marathon on Sunday and just wanting to leave that post up for a day or so, I just didn't get to it. The taper week up to the marathon went pretty much as I had planned it, and in the end it worked out wonderfully. I'm now thinking that the right instep issue was more of a strain than a bruise, but it is super hard to tell. It could have been caused by a strenuous bike ride, or even an elliptical session. It could have been from a run. It could have even been from the shoes (New Balance 880s) that have a bit less support...but I'll probably never really know, as there were simply too many variables in the mix. I took an Advil the night before the race and rubbed tiger balm into the instep because it was aching then, but it hasn't hurt me since the marathon (in the last 4 days).

Here is what last week looked like...



Day   Activity   Distance (in miles)
Sunday Elliptical 1.62
Running 6.05
Monday Walking 3.80
Tuesday Elliptical 0.77
Running 6.06
Wednesday Walking 1.03
Running 6.05
Thursday Rest Day
Friday Walking 4.01
Saturday Rest Day

These are my time and distance totals for the week:

Activity   Time Total   Distance Total (in miles)
Running 2:39:45 18.16
Walking 1:59:25 8.84
Elliptical 0:30:00 2.39
Overall Total 5:09:10 29.39

I was up to 600 pushups for the month on the February pushup challenge (400 in the month of February), and the last day I did those was Wednesday so I wouldn't be sore for the race. I stopped the pullups on Tuesday, and I'm up to 5 sets of 4 pullups with a 45 second recovery on those days.

I really like the Yoga, and went Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening. I skipped Saturday morning because of the race the next day.

Happy Running Everyone !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment