|Day||Activity||Distance (in miles)|
Making my time and distance totals:
|Activity||Time Total||Distance Total (in miles)|
On 41 days till the Cowtown Marathon, and it looks like things are coming together nicely. I just need to remember that for any long runs I do between now and then (including that day), if my weekly mileage is as low as it has been, I'll need to give myself extra time to recover and be gentle with my body.
On a more serious note...please, please, please be careful out on the roads everyone.
- Be aware of what's going on around you (keep at least one ear open)
- Run against traffic so you can see what's coming at you
- If something looks threatening or just doesn't feel right, turn back or take another route
- Be sure you can easily be seen (don't go out in all black with no lights or reflective gear)
- Have a phone with you if possible, or at least ensure someone knows where you went and when you expect to be back
- I would also recommend a small canister (4 inches long, 1 inch in diameter) of pepper spray where you can get to it quickly (for dogs..both the 4-legged and the 2-legged kind).
I'm not trying to be your Mom, or scare anyone...but like it or not, the world is just not a safe place. You can ignore all of this and nothing may ever happen to you (I sincerely hope that's true). But you "may" not be that lucky. Twenty five years ago I personally went out for an after-work run in the rain in a black track suit and running WITH the traffic, and a car ended my running for quite a while (for years).
And not everyone on the roads is a good person, as many of us learned in this last week.
Just be safe.
Happy Running Everyone !!!